Information about STIL

Need help?

STIL is an independent organization that supports people without a residence permit, so called 'undocumented migrants'.
We can inform and advise you on your rights and legal and other possibilities. We support people in gaining access to basic rights, healthcare, (if possible) shelter en social and legal help. We also advocate for the interests of this group. 


Read here how STIL or other organizations can help you:



If you have no residence permit and you need shelter, please do NOT come to STIL. You can ask help, shelter and advise from the 'Aanmeldloket'. Sometimes they send people to STIL.

PLEASE NOTE: The address and opening times changed, starting February 1 2024.

Opening hours and address from February 1:

  • Monday 10:00 – 12:30
  • Tuesday  13:00 – 15:30
  • Thursday 13:00 – 15:30 

Note: No longer open on Fridays, but now open on Thursdays.

Please note:

Closed on Monday May 20.

New Address:

Huis van Vrede, Trumanlaan 70-72, Utrecht. In the area 'Kanaleneiland', near the shopping centre. By tram nr 20 or 21, stop 'winkelcentrum Kanaleneiland'. E-mail & phone remain the same:, 06 18742750.

35 minutes walk from Central Station or take tram 20 or 21, get off at the 'winkelcentrum Kanaleneiland' (shopping center) stop.


Social & legal consultation hours STIL

Every Thursday 9.30 - 11.30 am

Do you have no residence permit and would you like social or legal advice or support from STIL? You can come to our office (every) Thursday between 9.30 a.m. and 12 noon. During our consultation hours, you can ask any question about your rights and legal and other possibilities.

If you cannot come on Thursdays, send your question by e-mail to or call us on 030-2715483. We are usually available on Monday, Tuesday afternoon and Thursday for legal questions. 

Adress: Laan van Nieuw Guinea 143, 3531 JH Utrecht


Medical Consultation hour

Every Wednesday 9 am - 11 am

Read below what to do in case of emergency. You can always call or go to a GP, first aid in hospital or call 112 in case of life danger.


If you have no residence permit you cannot get health insurance but you have the right to access 'necessary' medical care. 

We advise you to contact your family doctor (GP) yourself, if you have medical questions. You can go to the nearest doctor in the area were you are staying. Below you will find information about what to say to the GP/doctor/medical professional.

If you need help making an appointment with the GP, family-doctor or other healthcare facility, you can visit our medical consultation hours. You can come for help and advise every Wednesdaymorning between 9 and 11 o'clock at our office.

Adress STIL: Laan van Nieuw Guinea 143, Utrecht

If you cannot come on Wednesdays you can ask help or questions by e-mail: If that's not possible send your question by whatsapp 06 24269417 or call 030 2713463. We are usually available for questions by phone on Monday, Tuesday- & Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. 


If you need medical help in the evening or weekend (if it cannot wait for the next day), you can call the Emergency doctor's office ('Huisartsenpost'): 088 130 96 70. There is a location of this emergency doctor at the Antonius Hospital and at the Diaconessenhuis in Utrecht.

In case of real emergency or accident, when someone's life is at risk, you can always go to the Accident & Emergency Room of the hospital, ask your family doctor for advise or call 112.

If possible it is best to ask your family doctor first over the phone what to do, if this is not possible you can immediately call 112 or go to a hospital emergency department.


What information to give to doctor or hospital?

If you go to a doctor/GP, hospital or any other medical professional yourself, please inform them that you have no residence permit and no insurance. Tell them that medical professionals can get financial compensation for your healthcare, via 'het CAK':

Of course, you can always pay the treatment yourself if you have enough money. But if you pay in advance you will not be able to get it back later. Please note: Only the medical professional can request the reimbursement, neither you nor STIL.

Not all medical help is reimbursed by CAK. For example dentists, physiotherapists, glasses or birth control are excluded. If you cannot pay yourself, you can ask the help of STIL during our consultation hour or by e-mail. 

Information about Corona-vaccination

Read here more about vaccination.


Self-care consultation hour

Every Monday 10 am - 12 noon

PLEASE NOTE: Closed Monday May 20.

If you have no residence permit and no income, you can come to STIL for personal care products (such as deodorant, sanitary towels, shampoo, etc.).

We can also help you if you need (second-hand) clothing, a jacket, shoes, a sleeping bag or something else. We can tell you where in the city you can go for food or activities such as sports or Dutch lessons.

Address: STIL, Laan van Nieuw Guinea 143.


A (warm) meal

The following places provide free food: 
Villa Vrede: Open every day except Sundays & Mondays. Food is usually provided around 1 pm.
Address; Wijnesteinlaan 4, Utrecht. 

Ubuntuhuis: Open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9.30 am - 15 pm, lunch around 1 pm. Adress: Vleutenseweg 172. 

* De Wijkplaats: Every Sunday, 6 pm. Adress: Johannes Camphuysstraat 101. 


Other questions?

Do you have any other questions? Call 030 2715 483 or send and e-mail to:

You can usually reach STIL by phone on

Monday & thursday 10-17u.


Help in other cities

You can see which organizations are active in other cities via the LOS Foundation website.